Cruising Alaska - Discover the Wilderness in Style!
Alaska cruises get more popular every year, as people decide to
experience wilderness on a scale available in few other places, and a vivid history that's visible at every turn of the ship channel or road.
When choosing your cruise North, be aware of the multitude of options that are available from the companies listed here. There's no
longer any need to alter your plans to fit a particular company's idea of what you want to see and do. Regardless of how you decide to travel, take all the time you can - we have a LOT for you to to see up here!
Cruising to Alaska is different from many other destinations in that the itinerary is the main priority for most people, the actual ship secondary (though still very important). To get started, see How to Choose an Alaska Cruise. Then, for more information about the glaciers, ports, weather, reference books, cruisetours, excursions and much more, see:
- reviews & photo albums from cruises and excursions
- Alaska cruise ports,
- current and historic weather averages to help you decide when to visit,
- how to avoid seasickness,
- Alaska cruise books,
- Alaska discount books
- port schedules let you see how many ships will be in port with you,
- Alaska Cruise Deals,
- and now that you know you need to come up, you need these packing lists.
- For information and news about cruises anywhere in the world, see The Cruise Explorer
When you start thinking about shore excursions, if you like the smaller groups and more personal service offered by independent operators but want the convenience of one-stop shopping and payment,
ShoreTrips, one of the most reliable shore excursion brokers in the world, has what you're looking for.